June 20 - Antique Tractor Pull at the Busti Firemen's Grounds. Weigh-in starts at 8 a.m. Pull starts at 10 a.m.
Busti Fire Department Pulling Rules
1. Open to the factory stock farm tractors in any series that started production no later than 1960. For a series where production extended beyond 1960, only tractors with no mechanical changes post 1960 are included.
2. Weights of the bolt-on type. Must be securely fastened to the manufacturer intended position. No weight brackets. Any lost parts shall be grounds for disqualification.
3. All tractors will be in stock condition as they came from the factory with no pulling enhancing modifications.
4. Only standard gas, diesel or kerosene will be allowed as fuel. No alcohol, methane, added propane, blowers or nitrous oxide.
5. All tires are to be no larger or smaller than one size over or under factory original. No cut tires, radial tires, or chains.
6. Tractors will pull from the factory original draw bar, stationary in all directions, with a 17” maximum height and 22” minimum length from the center of the axle (6500 lb. Class and under). 20” maximum height and 25” minimum length. (7000 lb. Class and over).
7. Factory clevis or shackle may be used, straight or twisted type with a minimum of 2 ½” hole, bolted or pinned tightly with spacer to draw bar. Pull plate material will be allowed: material cannot be thinner than ¾” and not thicker than 1 ¼”. Plate must have a 2 ½” hole with a 1” material thickness around the hole. The draw bar must remain inside the opening of the clevis.
Any tractor pulling from the NON fixed draw bar (i.e.: draft control, three-point hitch or two point hitch) “Must secure the hitch in a locked position”. All tractors without stationary hitches will pull Exhibition Only. TOP OF HITCH ADJUSTER CANNOT BE ABOVE THE CENTER LINE OF AXLE OR HUB. EXCEPT FOR FACTORY MOUNTS.
8. Track officials will stop the pull at anytime they feel the tractor or driver is unsafe and or the front wheels have exceeded a height that is unsafe.
9. No shifting of gears during the pull (including torque amplifiers). Differential locks will not be used on tractors so equipped.
10. Minimum age of driver will be 16. Tech crew will determine if the driver is capable. Driver cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driver must remain seated. Driver must weigh-in the tractor and may be subject to be re-weighted after pulling.
11. Participants can be disqualified for being discourteous to other participants or to the officials
12. Participants will have 3 minutes to get their tractors to the line upon notice of class line-up: or the line-up committee can disqualify them.
13. Appearance. Only parts in the parts book for the model of tractor are allowed. Seats must be stock or a replacement seat with stock mountings. Replacement alternators or straight exhaust pipes are allowed. Stock side shields allowed if factory equipped. Tractor and wheel weights will
be to an acceptable width, not to exceed 8’6”.
2500 lbs. and under 4500 lbs. and under 6500 lbs. and under 9000 lbs. and under
3000 lbs. and under 5000 lbs. and under 7000 lbs. and under 10,000 lbs. and under
3500 lbs. and under 5500 lbs. and under 7500 lbs. and under 12,000 lbs. and under
4000 lbs. and under 6000 lbs. and under 8000 lbs. and under
14. Any tractor with the same operator can pull more then one class. Once as a light weight on the first pull and as a heavy weight on the second pull. Weights must be in the factory position. No added weight bars. Their will be an additional hook fee for each class you pull.
15. If you win your weight class you may move up to the next weight class with out adding any additional weights.
16. Rules subject to change.
17. One driver per tractor.
18. Hook up fee $10.00.