The Busti Fire Department Inc. was established in March 1939. The original building was a store converted into a fire station. The department held dances and fish dinners to help raise funds necessary to purchase needed equipment. In October of 1939, the department purchased its first fire truck. The truck was a 500 gallon per-minute pumper built in Buffalo. The department since then has grown into a progressive leader in fire and EMS services.